Pia my old school friend, has been travelling a lot (really a lot) and
posting some beautiful photographs on FB.
I figured it was time to share some of them here and she agreed, so here we go !!
beautiful,majestic,ancient,modern, hectic and bustling Rome through Pia's lense
Work takes her all over the globe, although now she is so addicted to travelling
and photographing people and places that she makes it a point to
visit at least one new place a year.
She lives in Amsterdam which, helps as it makes it much
easier to get to places.
- Other than the obvious sites - walk, walk, walk where ever you can.
- Don’t eat at any of the main street side safes but
DO stop at these places for cafe/ aperitif during the day, or before dinner,
it’s fun - particularly the people-watching.
- Current favourite restaurant is Giulio Passami L'olio
(incredible and amazingly well priced wine selection)
- Osteria dell' Ingegno (the artichoke risotto is too die for,
don’t be deceived by it’s unappetizing appearance.
- There's a little bar to the right of it that's a cute place to
sit outside and have an aperitif, and you get a lovely
view of the Temple of Hadrian at night.
- Digestifs are very common in Rome - no wonder,
given how much you eat -
and I'd definitely recommend trying an amaro after dinner.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS everyone.